Thursday, November 10, 2005

Waiting I

The office is moving an I have the awesome job of waiting for the phone guy to show up.

Yes, that may have been sarcasm. Look at it from my point of view. What could be a brilliant way to get out of work is turning into a nightmare!

Usually I've been introduced to the builders or at least the general contractor for the build. This let's me shoot the shit with the boys and get the low down on how the job is going. Ok and sometimes smokes and that.. Anyway. This time I know nobody. Which means of course that I'm sitting in the Atrium, watching the elevators for a scruffy bastard. When I see one the fun will begin!

Cool he got off on the second floor - yep, your fast. The space is on the second floor. Now I follow him up and accost him. “Put it there my man!”, I'll tell him and then I can go back to reading my book at the office.

“Why not read your book in the atrium, Krave?”. Simple. Phone installation people are generally sneaky, lazy bastards. I know that might sound harsh, but you have no idea how many times I've sat in empty space or atriums over the years. Watching all the entrances and elevators, for the entire three or four hour installation window they gave me. They don't appear. The next day I get a call saying “the engineer came out but there was no one there to show him where you wanted it installed.” The first couple of times I put it down to being in the restroom or away for lunch. So I start missing out on those things - not a problem here like, since all the pots are locked! Then there came the time when I never left the suite but somehow the Ninga phone guy got past my guard - I was literally the only person on the floor for the entire four hours - installed the equipment on the wrong wall of the wrong office. When I called to complain. The office told me it was my fault for not telling him where to put it! I nearly told her where she could bloody well put it, let me tell ya. But I didn't. Perhaps I'm too nice.

Anyway, here I sit, parched and gasping for a wiz, in a strange atrium facing the glass elevators. I realise that it's only 10:30 and they said it would be sometime between 10 and 2. Which means that I have about another hour or so at least before the arrive, but still.

More from the lobby later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home