Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So bored...

What the hell is wrong with me?!  Hum.  Perhaps it’s the fact that I had a spectacular 13 days without work.  Perhaps it’s the onset of Autumn.   Perhaps it’s the fact that people have stopped showing up to the office.  At the point I’m unsure whether they are working from on – the latest craze to hit the office – or if in fact they have been fired.

Aye, that last one is sounding more and more likely.  I’m the IT guy for the office.  If the buggers don’t come in, what do ya think I have to do?  Well apart from “appearing” busy which basically means that I can’t be obviously asleep at my desk.  Reading my book above the desk is also frowned upon, allegedly.  

So I pay my bills, sleep with my eyes open – a technique I have recently acquired.  I don’t really mind.  Apart from the fact that I could be at home, semi-naked, with a cozy blanket draped over me, while I play video games and watch the monster TV.  

As I’ve said before I only live 15 minutes away, in rush hour, going 35 miles per hour.  So in theory they could call me if there was an emergency and bad-a-bing I could  be here before they even realise that I wasn’t in the office.  Let’s be honest.  Even if I was in the office it would take them longer than that to wake me up!

So rampant boredom seems to be the theme for the week.  I think I’ll try and work from home tomorrow…

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg the Surly said...

You could become a blog comment whore like myself. I suppose I'd be more of a whore in other aspects of my life if I had the opportunity, but until that ship docks I guess I'll be an e-whore.

October 26, 2005 at 2:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Krave said...

Wasn't e-whore whiny the poop's friend?

October 26, 2005 at 2:38:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home