Thursday, October 27, 2005

The dating guidelines

Pretty good day yesterday, took my own advise and left early. Plugged in the laptop at home and worked from home. Lost track of time though. It’s a tad strange when your on your own how time sort of flows together. Anyway got to play the game while I waited for stuff to happen at the office.

The Girlie called last night, I must have been buggered because I didn’t hear any of the phones. Allegedly she’s coming home early. One of the “kids” took a chuck out of her arm yesterday she was saying and she ended up in hospital for a shot. Wonder if that’s why she’s been shipped home early.

I’m rather excited. Realised the other night that this is one of probably three relationships I’ve been in that actually feels “comfortable”. By that of course I mean that there are no stalkers, husbands, colleague, or girlfriends that I have to worry about hiding from. It’s very strange. Surly tells me that this is how it’s supposed to be. I just wish that some bastard had told me before! Perhaps I need to add another rule of life.

What? Oh. I have guidelines. “Rules” is probably too strong.

  1. Half your age plus 5 (For Men dating women. Girls. You can basically do what the hell ya want! *grin*) Any lower than that and you have no idea what there talkin’ about. You would be as well dating one of your daughters friends. (Eww.)

  2. Don’t get off with anyone that’s got less to loose than you have. (Shit. How many times have I messed this one up?!) In other words only go out with people that can’t potentially use the situation for emotional blackmail.

  3. Don’t get off with anyone you work with.

Now some people will be going “well duh?!”. What ya have to bear in mind is that these guidelines are not meant to stop random boinking. Not at all. Shit happens. What this is, is what you should bear in mind if you find yourself wanting to have a relationship with someone in one or all of these categories. I’m actually old enough now I could mess up and do all three! *shudder* Two was bad enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger EarthMother said...

That's the complete manifesto of your dating guidelines? What about, make sure you let the woman have her multiple orgasms first, or at all for that matter? Sheesh ... who cares about the age or work issues ... it always always boils down to good hard sex, my man!

October 27, 2005 at 11:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Snooze said...

EM: Men are quite complex creatures. Despite the myth, it's women who are simply ruled by the crotch.

October 28, 2005 at 12:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Krave said...

See! I was going to say that... Damn always just a little late :)

Em, this is simply the guidelines for those poor souls that constantly "dating the wrong one". The sex one will be in installments.. *grin*

October 28, 2005 at 2:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger EarthMother said...

Oh wait ... dating ... as a distinct activity from having wild sex ... gotcha ... sorry!!!

October 29, 2005 at 8:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home