Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Huge! It was HUGE I tell ya!

Strangely enough my most excellent day merged seamlessly with my most excellent evening.

Teacher called me and asked what my plans were.  Nada says I, just gotta buy some toilet roll.  Isn’t it funny how much toilet roll you start going through when women are around?  

Note to self: Don’t make mention of toilet paper usage in a girls hearing, again.  The resultant conversation can be quite exciting.

Anyway she came over and puttered about on the laptop while I was working.  I love working from home.  At least I love watching tele while I’m working anyway.  By working I mean checking my e-mail.  My e-mail which recently has only been dropping 5 or 6 items an afternoon, most of which are merely informational.  You see where I’m going with this.  I’m sitting at the desk with the desktop on one side of me and the e-mail machine on the other and hustling toward 50 with another toon…  Err.  I mean that I’m working my butt off!
Afternoon.

Spoke to the brothers over MSN just before lunch.  Didn’t know that you could now do multiple way conversations, rather cool.

Teachers having a pretty crappy day as well she says.  I recon it’s cos it’s one of those absolutely perfect Autumn days.  All the leaves are different colours, the sun’s shining and it’s chilly in the shade.  So when you step out into the sunshine again you find your face automatically turning toward the warmth.  So of course where am I?  In this bloody office that doesn’t even have a view of an office with a window let alone a window of it’s own.  Ah well, perhaps I can escape home early.  There to plot ingenious ways of convincing Teacher to stay at mine again (

Oh, went to the International Buffet last night.  Doesn’t sound so exciting.  In fact it sounds like what most of the towns old people do for dinner most of the week.  However it was a new experience for me.  Ya see I’m not a huge fan of buffets.  They never seem to have what you want but heaps of the stuff that you don’t like.  Then there’s the whole, “how many people have touched that plate do ya think”, debate inside my head.

The International Buffet surprised me though.  First off the place was huge!  With a huge varity of food.  As well as the large variety of huge people.  Stuffing huge amounts of food down themselves with there huge hands…  Err I seem to have floated back into the reason I don’t like buffets, sorry.  

So this place was real nice.  The food was mainly (American) oriental with a smattering of other stuff.   Who cares!   They had chocolate cake!  If I hadn’t had to try that last dim sum I probably would have been able to try some.  As it was it was three hours later when the bloat had worn off that I could have tried it.
Ah well we live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home