Friday, January 02, 2009

Starting not quite from scratch, but..

So.  It's a new year and with the new kid coming in June, it seems like a good idea to start the blog again.  I find that I don't pass on what's been going on, and I forget myself, so I'm going to try again.
 
Up the duff and drama is swirling around, Teacher - who isn't one anymore so I'll call her the Wife from now on - the Wife is about three months gone.  She's thankfully over most of the queasiness now but "we" have the mood swings to take care of instead.
 
We just got back from Ohio.  That was nice, although we didn't have time to see anybody.  It seems like it was a mad rush from one eleven hour drive there to the one coming back the other way.
 
Watched heaps of movies though, but somewhere along the line I fell out with video games.  For some reason I'm not enjoying any of them!  It's bloody winter and there's nothing else to do - even drinking doesn't hold the appeal it used to!  What's a boy to do?
 
Perhaps it's books on tape that have messed me up.  I've taken to listening to books on the Blackberry using the earpiece while driving to and from work.  Hands free and I'm listening to something I want to listen too, not just the commercials on the radio.  It seems I'm too chincy to by a decent radio for the car that has an MP3 player or even a whole for one that would pipe through the speakers.
 
What ever's causing this is rather annoying.  What the hell am I supposed to do with the rest of the evening if not play video games while I watch the webcast of my TV programs on the other screen?!
 
Ahh the dilemma of a techie.