Tuesday, February 28, 2006

*ding-a-ling* Unclean! *ding-a-ling* Unclean!

While I wait for my re-filed email to re-index. Moved all the 2005 mail out and moved in the 2006. I find that I still have time after reading the updates of everyone else's lives.

I'm struck again by how most of us are down and miserable at about the same time. I'm starting to come out of this self inflicted nastiness although every now and then I cough so hard that I see spot and my chest starts throbbing. The folk in the cubes around me are threatening to start wearing masks, like I'm a bloody SARS victim!

Had a mini falling out with the Teacher last night when I got home, hopefully only a spat. I hadn't slept for a couple of nights - slept like crap last night as well - so I get home after a fuitless and depressing day. Didn't get anything done except ordered a new game - for my birthday! From the kids! - the clincher was that they let you download it before the release date of next week.

So I downloaded it in like ten minutes - 1.5gb mind - (I realize that there maybe people out there (Dad) that have no idea what I'm talking about. Never mind. Lets just say the file won't fit on a CD. Only on a DVD.

It's on the machine that I've been fiddling with so of course it took me the rest of the day to figure out how to burn it to a DVD. When I finally got a chance to try it out.. Yep it was messed up and I had to download it again from my crappy network connection at home. No ten minutes there! Hell no! On a good day it would have taken two hours! As it was it finished at five or six this morning. *grrr*

Anyway I get home with this DVD burning a whole in my baggy and thoughts of 24 that will be on later. Teacher, who has been out of work for and hour and a half, has had a chance to chill and read her mail and the blogs and is basically bored shitless, suggests that we go to hers.

Being a guy, being sick and miserable. With a brand new game in my pocket. What do I do? I start flapping that I'm not well and basically making excuses for not going. Thinking that she will put it off for an hour or two. Or that she'll go home and come back if it's that important.

Nope. She just up's and leaves. When she calls later - by this point my evil plans have fallen apart and I've broken another machine - I'll just about ready to be convinced, to go out. Unfortunately, being the stubborn bastard that I am, she presses a button and suddenly there is nothing in the world I want more than to be all by myself with nothing to do and no one to speak to.

What can I say. It's a guy thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home