Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Seems I'm having flashbacks.

Bloody typical.  Just because I want to blog the bloody server is down.   Ah well.  

I’ve put the tunes on, cracked my knuckles.  My head bobbing to the White Stripes as I focus my thoughts.

Begin:

So I’ve been away for a while, which seems to be fairly normal.  It’s as if you get sick of hearing yourself or something.  Anyway.  Here’s an update.

Things are kicking up a bit at work, the Boss has decided that I’m wasted holding the Librarians hand, so he’s give me four others to keep an eye on as well.  Things, should be getting more interesting. Maybe I won’t be able to read my latest book for most of the day.  It’s just that it’s soo bloody boring.  If I didn’t think that it would change eventually I would be seriously looking for another job.

Come to think of it.  Some of my oldest friends found me the other day.  They were both around when I first arrived in the country and I was partly responsible for getting them hired.  Of course one of them decided that I should live in a town near him, not knowing any better at the time I went along with it.  Over the next two years I found that I was getting way too much exercise.  I didn’t have a car at the time.  All the stores were at least a mile and half away and I didn’t realise that it was un-American to walk or take the bus.  Even the bar was two miles away.  Didn’t have a push-bike either.  Oh.  Did I mention the positively joyous bus journey to work that usually took three quarters of an hour.   However because I lived in what’s called the snow belt – an area that receives on average twice as  much snow as everyone else – some mornings and evenings I would be standing around for hours waiting for the poor old bastard to make it through the drifts.  

Sorry I drifted off.

What I was going to say is that they are working together again, just down the road and “they are always looking for good people”.  Problem is that I think I’m still holding a grudge about the apartment in BFE.  (Bum Fuck Egypt)  

That pisses me off even more now that I think of it.  I was having a really nice chat with the other guy via email.  I really miss TT.  He’s like seven feet tall and when I came back to the States permanently he was assigned to “train” me.  The customers loved him.  They could see him from anywhere on the floor.  He was a good foot and a half taller than the highest cube wall.  He had this amazing instinct for free food.  He knew which floor and when we should turn up on any give day of the week to maximize the amount of free food.  He even got in with the Admins so that when a catered meeting was going on he would get first dibs on the leftovers.  It was amazing thing to watch.  Later I was on my own floor, a meeting was just breaking up for some Senior folks, I’m hangin’ round for the left over sandwich selection – IT guys prerogative – when the admin starts laughing.  I look over and here he comes.  All seven foot of him trying to be stealthy.  Ahh those were the days.

I have no idea what that was.  Some kind of mind cleaning flashback.  I’m amazed that that the memory hadn’t been killed off by the vast quantities of Captain Morgan that was consumed in those days.  Ah well it must have been faster than some of it’s slower brethren.

I was on a roll until I was just interrupted by stupidity.  Maybe I should blog at home.  Perhaps I should work from home.  Ohh, then I could play – err – I mean research EVE while I wait for something to happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home