Monday, April 03, 2006

Busy weekend. Glad I took a nap.

I now know why people, like my baby brother, get up at ungodly hours of the morning. Jump in the car and drive out to the golf course for a "quick nine before work". Until this weekend I would laugh! I would cackle! I would deride him as a lunatic!

Then the magical thing happened. Woke up Saturday at 6am, had grief because I convinced myself that I really could eat a massive cheesy mouth watering pizza without issues, and there wasn't. Until the next morning. Then all hell broke loose and let's just say I read an awful lot of my book in the next couple of hours. Anyway, called round the boys to make sure they were still up for the outing, it had pissed down with rain the night before so I was a bit worried.

Turns out there was no reason. Picked up Surly, met S at the course. There was not a soul to be seen. Picture it if you will. It's 10:30 on a brisk but sunny Saturday. For the whole eleven wholes there isn't a single person in front or behind us. Were buggering about, hitting multiple balls and the like. Surly is screaming "HOOOAAARRRRR" as loudly as he can.

It was beautiful. There was no one round to care! We went fishing for golf balls! One of us - no names - stood with his back to us and slashed on the tee. Freakin' awesome!

That is the only way to play golf. None of this stopping and starting, bollocks! Just go as fast or as slow as ya want. I now have a dream. I have to start saving for my own golf course. There's no freakin' way that I'm going to get up of a morning for a quick round! Ha!

Sunday I bought a bed at least the head and bottom boards. A monster wrought iron beast. Cost a bloody fortune but at least there's plenty of place for the handcuffs :)

Spent the rest of the day wrestling with the bloody firewall. For those that might not know and I will explain, for those that want to know more, you can check here. Basically I built a machine that sits between the DSL modem (the box that plus into the phone) and my router (the box my PC's are plugged into), that try's to stop those nasty people called Hackers from taking control of my machines. Took me a while, but now it's up, it is fantastic!

On the down side the closet where all the equipment is sitting is trashed. I'll post photo's of the Gatorade bottles holding the firewall off of the printer...

Need to put in shelves, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snooze said...

Sounds like the golfing was an absolute laugh. Why on earth was there no one else on the course? Were they all deterred by the rain?

April 5, 2006 at 9:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home