Monday, April 10, 2006

OK. Let's try this again.

What's up with the title?

Well I wrote up a huge humourous post on Friday while working on three machines, while working at home. I went to spell check it and the bugger vanished. Bloody Internet Explorer! Trying to "help" me from myself!

*sigh*

So an update. On Friday I was working from home, while waiting for my new bed to arrive. Of course since it was Teachers birthday, and we were supposed to go out after work, the movers didn't arrive till 6:45. Teacher had been asking where I was since 4.. Yeah.

While waiting for the movers though I built a machine for one of her friends, and played the game as well as watching emial. Talk about multi-tasking, now I realise why the post got dropped I can't handle so much going on at once!

So the movers arrived, eventually and they rush in, whip the head board in and around the corner of the stairs, the suddenly stop. It's stuck. There is no way that it's going to fit the way that are doing it. We all agree to pull it and I'll go look at something else.

I didn't even feel disapointed. I just wanted to get out of the house. I'm about to leave when the movers call me.

"Were too far away now, but we were thinking about it and we would like to try it upside down"

With my mind in a differant place, I'm speachless. Niether of them are my type. Then I realise they are talking about the headboard. (I should point out that the headboard in question is taller than I am!)

"OK. When do you want to try?"

"How about tomorrow?"

"Sure, I should be back after three.."

So it was set.

Went out with Teacher, I think she had a good birthday, wasn't too messed up, although I was feeling ropey the whole of Saturday. Must have been a bad pint or perhaps those Washington Apples didn't sit too well..

The movers came back on Saturday and sure enough the headboard went up the stairs with ease. 20 minutes later, the boys are away and I'm napping on my new bed. Ahh bliss. I'll have to take a photo..

Sunday was busy, took Teachers dad's rebuilt PC over and hooked it up, did the family thing. Met the whole lot of em in the Mall, which happened to have a Best Buy where I picked up a MP3/WMA cd player for the car.




1 Comments:

Blogger Snooze said...

Congrats on the new bed!

April 11, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home