Tuesday, April 11, 2006

That wire is live! Turn the engine off!

I was going to go on a tirade about a guy who came back from Iraq to find that his working world had changed but he couldn't handle it. I'm not going to do that. That's for tomorrow!

Last night against my better judgement Teacher bought her self a hardwired modulator for the car. Basically it lets you plug an mp3 into this box, that in turn is plugged into you car radio with the Ariel. Your listening to the radio, flick the switch and your listening to your musac on you player, man.. Chillin'.

Don't get me wrong, I was all happy that she is buying toys. What go me was that she wanted to install it in the parking lot of the store. She had the little sales guy show her which wires had to be spliced and off she went. Ripped the radio out right there and then, the wee man striped the wires. Next thing I know I have my pocket knife out and I'm laying bare wires and removing connectors.. Finally convinced her to go back to mine so at least I could mount the little bugger properly. At least give me the chance of using tools. It all turned out good. She now has a headphone cable hanging down by the gear stick and a little red switch above the ashtray. Looks nice, I'll just try and forget the trauma of the installation and the car ride with bare wires and a radio in my lap.

Also the Youngest's birthday today, and I've just been informed that it is also Teachers mothers as well. Supposed to go out to dinner tonight with her family. Must get the call into the Youngest before the nightmare of diplomacy completely drains me.

Oops, gotta go, I think that's my machine arriving, I did mention that I forgot my PC this morning.. Yeah should be a great day! *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home