Monday, February 13, 2006

Thoughts for a Monday.

Should be an interesting day.


In the past hour I've called HP to get a replacement docking station for my laptop. The 50lb box is no longer enough to keep the little bastard pressed into the connectors on the bottom. Don't get me wrong, yes it was anoying to have to wiggle and shake the box. Yes it's annoying when I take the bastard laptop home. Having to "waste" half the morning wrestling it back into the dock.. Oh it looks like it went in alright. Except that the external monitor doesn't come up. Wiggle, wriggle, bash. Ah finally. Then the bloody thing just dies because it was running off battery. The connector for the charger didn't connect properly! Grrr.

So that should be fixed.

Hightlight of the sober weekend though. The 40 year old virgin. What a brilliant movie. I was a bit wary thinking that they were going to make the guy a rabbid nerd or he had a dumb and dumber like problem, so of course he was a virgin. But no! Turns out he's a regular guy who had a bad experiance in college and blew it all out of preportion. Brilliant. I haven't snicker so hard at a movie for a long time!

Oh I have a new mantra. "Stop taking everything so bloody seriously - ass!"

If I get a chance I think I'll palm off all my work to the Librarian and update the site. Or perhaps nip down to her other site for a couple of hours. Of course I have to go home because it appears that I've gone and left my wallet at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home