Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Deal or no deal?

So I’ve sort of decided to buy a new car.

Sort of decided because I really love and care for my car, but.  There’s always a but no?  In this case every time I get something fixed – the last was $400 last week – something else pops on.  I had the “check engine” light turned off.  There were a couple of solenoids were buggered and had to be replaced.  The same morning that I took him in there was also liquid on the floor.  I convinced myself that it was the power steering.  Nope.  Water pump was buggered.

What brought this rant on is that after all that last week.  I started the car up yesterday and yep.  The bloody light was back on.  I know that it’s just because it’s of an age now that all the parts need replacing.  I know this intellectually but like when our pet cat started crapping all over the house – the poor bastard did have any control left towards the end – I think it’s time that I put myself out of my misery.

This of course brings up the question of car payments.  I haven’t had one of them for nearly four years now.  I almost have the credit cards under control.  Well as well as you ever can when you like spending money like I do!  Take for example the shiny new PC case I bought of my mate on Monday.  There’s $40 I didn’t need to spend.  Of course the PC is REALLY quite now.  Then there’s the garage roof stuff that’s gonna set me back a pretty penny tonight.  Oh and what about the christening in Atlanta next month?  *sigh*

Small steps.  I know, just starts getting overwhelming if you know what I mean.  I must find a new mortgage as well.  If have one of those nasty Adjustable jobbers and it’s expanding all over the place!  Ahhh!

Suppose I better work for a bit.  Hopefully I can escape the office early, I think I’m allergic to something in here.  As soon as I come in I start sneezing and my nose starts running.  Very sucky.

Ahh!  Today’s horoscope, now I have something to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home